Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Few Good Basil Leaves

Now, I know that I really should not snip leaves off of my herbs the day after I plant them.  However, I recently saw Martha Stewart make a lovely peach and red onion salad on Today, and I wanted to try it last night with nectarines (Corey’s fruit of choice).  It calls for fresh basil.  So, I snipped a few leaves.  I snipped one small section each off two of the three plants.  I kept them in a glass of water until I made the salad.

IMG_2078

The recipe can be found at http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43063452/ns/today-food/.  I used three nectarines and decided that was probably the equivalent of two peaches, so I halved all of the other ingredients.

IMG_2082

My only complaint was the salt.  Corey didn’t mind it, but I thought the recipe called for too much.  Next time I will probably omit it.  All of the other ingredients were excellent. 

IMG_2084

No comments:

Post a Comment